TRI-EDRE is proud to announce Space-In-Time
Space-In-Time is a brand new program designed to analyze the space occupied by data on your disks and how it evolves over time, alerting you when the size of a disk or folder exceeds specified thresholds.
Space-In-Time periodically records the used space for each folder on your disks, and saves a history of values and totals. A graph of these values can be displayed, allowing you to quickly and easily see where space is being used on the disk (for example, System, Applications, Caches, Pictures, ...), and to see variations on the disk over time (caused by a disk or folder suddenly increasing in size).
Space-In-Time makes managing and controlling space on your disks so much easier.
Space-In-Time gives a projection into the future of the space that will be occupied by a disk or a particular folder. This feature is particularly useful for estimating - for example - when the Time Machine disk will be full, when it will become necessary to backup your data, to cleanup some folders, or to change a disk.
Moreover, Space-In-Time allows you to create alerts. When a defined threshold is reached (such as a full disk, or an overweighted folder), Space-In-Time can display a message on the screen or even send an e-mail.
Examples of use:
- Survey particular folders: Downloads, Caches (Safari or others), etc.
- Trace the evolution of data: e-mails, music in iTunes, pictures in iPhoto, movies in iMovie, etc.
- Know how the disk is used, the distribution and evolution when multiple users share the same machine.
- Be informed when a disk is at full capacity preventing it from working correctly.
- Anticipate the needs of changing a disk, doing some backup or some cleaning up.
Another great utilization of Space-In-Time is to quickly know on which disk you have space enough for a particular operation (a backup, for example), even if the disk isn't mounted.
Space-In-Time can also use the information in your Time Machine backups to start creating a history of your disk space over the last months.
Space-In-Time is available at:
A free demo version is available, giving you access to all features, but has a limited number of access per session.
New in version 1.6.0
- Compatibility Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
New in version 1.5.0
- Compatibility Yosemite Mac OS X 10.10
New in version 1.4.0
- Details the contents of the Library folder of users (even if invisible).
- Details the contents of the system folders at root of the disk (even if invisible).
New in version 1.3.0
- Modified for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks compatibility.
New in version 1.2.0
- Application is code signed (for Mountain Lion).
- Modified for Mac OS X Mountain Lion compatibility.
New in version 1.1.1
- Now allows to remove multiple disks in the "All Disks" list with the contextual menu.
- Fixed a problem that could result in an incorrect display.
New in version 1.1.0
- Snow Leopard compatible.
- Fixed a problem with Snow Leopard that could cause the System to ask an administrator password when disk scan are executed.
- Fixed a problem that can crash when closing the main window.
New in version 1.0.0
Brand new version.